Monday, March 8, 2010

Ha!

Can I just say I hate gluten? No longer am I a wheatgeek. I am a wheat-sucks-why-have-i-never-thought-you-could-be-the-whole-problem-geek.

Seriously though, I have learned an important lesson. I don't think our health problems are ever caused by just one thing. It's always a combination, which is why I think it's important to treat it in more than one way. I've seen an iridologist where I learned I had candida, I have gone to Dr. Skagg's who practices N.A.E.T. and learned what I am intolerant to, I have gotten blood tests from my OB which I learned all my thyroid levels and insulin levels are just fine so I can rule out polycystic ovarian syndrome, and guess what? I relied on my intuition and learned that gluten is most of my problem. And my kid's.. interesting how life works. The answer was the most simple and cheapest, but I had to explore all other possibilities to recognize that. yay.. What an easy fix.

Is anybody else suffering from gluten intolerance?

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried making Naturally Leavened Bread. It takes longer, but it goes through the important process of natural yeast eating the phytates and other "bad" stuff from the dough. The finished product is a sour dough bread that is super healthy. Give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a good recipe, PLEASE share it with me! This is one thing I have not been successful at yet and I so want to. Be my mentor :)

    ReplyDelete