Friday, August 21, 2009

Anti-Wheat

Hey I know the title of my blog is wheatgeek.. It's going to stay the same, but now it's pretty much going to be wheat-free. Cougar has a wheat intolerance (yay-I have 900 pounds of wheat). Holy pain! But.. I think we have experiences to learn and this will be a very learning experience for us. I know his eczema is something his body is not liking. We got rid of dairy and it helped a bit, but I know there is still something there. Now it's process of elmination. Dairy: check/ wheat: working on it.

I did make some bread completely without wheat. It's the blender bread which you can find here, but I substituted Kamut for all of it. I thought it turned out really good. Nothing beats Anitra's bread recipe that I got from Simply Living Smart, but my kids still really liked it. It's more crumbly without the dough enhancer and gluten, but I'm simple. So I simplified.

I bought my kamut from Walton Feed and it is supposedly supposed to be better for people who cannot handle wheat. So we'll see :) Wish us luck.. yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment