Friday, August 21, 2009

chemical free products

I know some of these things are going to sound really weird, but if you know me by now, you'll know I'm a little weird about toxins, etc. I just like stuff natural. Instead of complaining about how companies put so many unecessary chemicals, etc. in our food, body products, etc. I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Here is an article if you'd like more information about chemicals in our products.

So here are some money saver tips/chemical-free hair and beauty products that I have tried.

LOTION:
I no longer use lotion at all on anything. I use coconut oil and it works great. Just like I wouldn't ingest all the chemicals in shampoo/lotion/etc. I don't want my skin absorbing them. Plus it smells so good.. So coconut oil is a huge thing at my house. You can purchase it here.
It's $37/gallon, but if you can get 5 of you together and order together, you can get it for $29/gal (not including shipping).

SHAMPOO:
1 TBSP. baking soda to 1 cup warm water

CONDITIONER:
1 TBSP. apple cider vineger mixed with water

Once a week, rub virgin coconut oil in your hair at night, and then wash in the morning. Super soft hair.

BODY SOAP:
There is a girl that lives on the highway from Crossroads to Riverside corner named Laura May Miller that sells goat milk soap. (I'm sure you've seen the sign for it) I have to be especially careful with my 3-year old's skin because he has eczema. We've really liked that soap. She has quite a variety of different scents. I also really like her lip balm.

The internet is so awesome for finding anything you want. These are things that I have on hand, that are inexpensive, and have worked for me. You can add essential oils to stuff to make them smell better, etc. I just usually don't care that much. There are a lot of companies that use only organic materials and no chemicals etc. for makeup and stuff.

Good luck! Let me know what works for you..


No comments:

Post a Comment