Friday, January 28, 2011

Naturally Sweetened Oatmeal (well, with raisins :)

I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal without some sort of sweetener, but I am trying to find alternates to concentrated sweeteners. Here's what a I came up with. First bite is a far cry from sweet, BUT once you bite into a raisin the rest is delicious!

1 cup cooked oatmeal (click here for directions)
1/4 cup original almond milk
1/4 cup raisins (any dried fruit would be good)
1 teaspoon flax seed
4 or 5 chopped pecans ( I just crack 'em with my fingers right then)
cinnamon
nutmeg
cardamom if you like it


1 comment:

  1. Tiff, this is how we eat our oatmeal in the morning (except with walnuts, not pecans). Sometimes, I use cranberries with pecans or dried blueberries with almonds just to change things up a bit.

    It's amazing how sweet almond milk is... thanks for posting a link to your page. I have a cooking blog as well (but I've only recently started adding healthier options). I've got some great sweet potato recipes if you want me to share.

    ReplyDelete