Monday, March 23, 2009

Breakthrough

I am glad to say that after 9 months of trying to find alternatives to syrup for pancakes, waffles, etc. We did it! Today we had whole wheat pancakes and just to keep trying, I drizzled it with honey and chopped strawberries. I told Maverick if he would take one bite, I wouldn't make him eat the whole thing if he didn't like it. Well... HE liked it-yea! I'm ecstatic. No more refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup-that's a big step.

I have two websites I need to tell you about. There is my fave-Simply Living Smart. I signed up for a program they have called Simply Live. It has changed my life-It is amazing. There are online classes and videos about how to store your food storage, eat your food storage, and so much more! Great, healthy recipes.. Right now I am taking an online gardening class. I can't begin to tell you how much I've learned about soil and many other things just from 1 1/2 hours of classes so far. There are 8 classes. The lady's name is Jane, and she is going to guide us through the gardening process of her garden so we at home, can practice her ideas. So I'm loving that. But there is also a whole organizational class that Anitra Kerr teaches, and it's a huge help too.

The other website is Green Smoothie Girl. It is a lady that lives in Orem that has done massive amounts of research to try and cure her four children of asthma and allergies. Her results are astonishing. It's right up my alley. The thing I love most though is on her home page there is a link that says "12 Myths". It was insightful to read. Her whole thing is to try to get people to eat whole foods from plant sources, but I love the fact that she does it slowly. She says, "You can't eat the whole elephant at one sitting"-and that is important for me. I get all extreme sometimes and then fail, so she has you practice one thing every month, and the goal is in 12 months to be on whole foods. Great sight-thrilled with it! I've tried the green powder that she sells on her site-not bad!

I think it's important to listen to what our bodies are telling us. I've definitely become more aware of mine. Now I know certain signs to look for when I feel a certain way, and it always has to do with what I am fueling my body with.

Let's not forget that we can't be perfect all the time (at least I don't want to!)-I highly recommend the peanut butter chocolate cup dream tart from Divinely Sweets in Logan by ShopKo. It's everything I've ever wanted in a treat-and I didn't feel one bit guilty eating it! My body got the shakes from sugar overload-but I knew what it was from :) See.. listening to my body..

No comments:

Post a Comment