Friday, April 17, 2009

Green Smoothie Perfected

First off-Tremonton's Kent's has the best produce ever-and the best produce guy. I think the guy's name is Dennis, and I nonchanlantly asked him if they ever get collards and chard in. Well, he ordered it that day and it was here the next day. So Kent's has all this stuff now just FYI.  So thanks Dennis-I love produce!

OK I've been making green smoothies daily for about 2 weeks now, and today I finally perfected it.  The differences I've noticed so far:
1- My kids don't crave candy anymore (whoo hoo!)
2- Sometimes I make myself eat because I like food, but I'm usually filled if I drink it in the morning.

That's just two weeks-here's to more!

If you are trying the green smoothie for the first time, or giving it to your kids/husband for the first time, make it GOOD, or they will never want it again.  Do not try without fruit ::)

Here is my recipe:
                                                               1 leaf of chard



                                                          1 leaf of collard greens



1 leaf of kale
3 leafs of romaine
1 celery stick
a bunch of spinach
1 cup water
green tops of a small case of strawberries (this wouldn't be a necessity-I just had them)
I blend that all up, then I add:
1 frozen banana cut into chunks
1/2 bag of frozen mixed berries
OPTIONAL:  agave nectar (natural sweetener), honey to taste

Yummy!

My kids love their "Darth Vader Juice"

2 comments:

  1. Think I'm going to try your drink. Thanks. Also, what did y ou learn about the oils? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous-Thanks so much for a comment! I hope you enjoy your drink-just make it taste good however you make it. You can sweeten it with agave nectar, stevia (though I don't like the aftertaste of stevia), honey, whatever you need to make it delicious!

    What oils are you talking about? I'm sorry-refresh my memory..

    ReplyDelete