Thursday, April 30, 2009

Healthy bodies

I'm trying to prepare myself and my family for sicknesses that come around.   I thought I'd jot down a few ideas in case anyone else is interested.  

First, I educated myself about an Alkaline pH in my body, here:

Just make yourself read it and understand it.  I know you can.. it just takes focus!

I am certainly not an expert at this, but I'm beginning to learn about it.  

Here is a list of acidic foods to avoid:
Here is a list of alkaline foods to enjoy:

Now I don't think this means only eat alkaline foods, and stay away from all acidic foods.  I don't know.. but I would like to believe as long as I'm getting enough alkaline foods, and stay away from the most acidic foods, I should be okay.  Each body is different also, so you have to listen to your body.

Remember to get these also:

green veggies
green veggies 
green veggies 
water 
water 
water

So basically what I'm going to focus on for my family is to:
a. stay away from sugar, dairy, and meat products  
b. get enough water
c.  get enough green vegetables through green smoothies, salads, etc.
d.  have sprouts on hand (if you don't know how to sprout, let me help you!)
e.  offer fruits and veggies for snacks


I'm a strong believer that we are what we eat.  Our bodies are amazing gifts we have been given to house our spirits, and they can work miracles if we feed them correctly.  We are more prone to be sick and have a weakened immune system if we are giving our body an overload of sugar, dairy, meat, but if we can turn that all around by making sure we get the nutrients our bodies need.  

If you are as overwhelmed with food as I am about my 5 loads of laundry to fold and put away, just take it one step at a time ( one basket of clothes at a time for me)  Some of you may be at this point that everything is under control.  Some may be at the very far other end of it.  My biggest advice would be to use your knowledge, educate yourself, and go slowly.  You are the only one who knows you and your family.  So make it do-able!

No comments:

Post a Comment