Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Blender Pancakes

These.. pancakes.. soo... good! My kids prefer these now over white pancakes.

1 cup wheat kernels
1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or regular milk)
Combine wheat and 1 cup buttermilk/milk in blender for four minutes on high. Then add the following:
1/4 cup more milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 TBSP. brown sugar (or honey, or molasses, or both)

Blend on high 2 minutes more, then pour out onto hot, buttered griddle and enjoy!! Serve with butter and syrup, jam, fruit, plain, or my personal fav-PB and bananas

If you have tried these, do they work in a regular blender, or does it need to be high-powered?


Recipe courtesy of Simply Living Smart

3 comments:

  1. You crack me up. My mom has some spelt flour here, and we don't know what it is. do you want it?
    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you make these do you use reg milk or buttermilk? I used reg 1% milk and the texture seemed different, so I thought I'd ask?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey arlene-I use to use buttermilk, but then I got lazy and just use regular. I didn't notice a HUGE difference, but if I had my preference it would be buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete