Monday, February 23, 2009

Husband's Review - Honey Wheat Cornbread

I have to say I love cornbread. If you make a 9" round pan of it and I have some butter and honey I can eat the whole thing without remorse. In fact, I find it a pain that I have to share with my family. Usually, they each get a piece and I get what's left. It's not as good as eating the whole pan, but it does leave room for more butter and honey on what I do get to eat.
When my wife introduced this new recipe I was skeptical. She once put too much salt in the cornbread and it ruined my day, so she was nervous as well. (You cannot saturate a piece of cornbread with enough honey to hide the taste of salt.) But, being too lazy to make my own cornbread, I have no other choice then to eat what she puts before me. I took the first piece and, like everything else wheatey that she has been feeding me, I wonder if my esophagus can handle the abrasive texture. After covering with honey I took a bite. It didn't have that welcome eat-me-as-fast-as-possible taste that good yellow cornbread has, but it was good. And it felt healthy. The true test was if I would go for another bite, which I did. Soon, I had eaten two pieces and it was growing on me. I didn't finish the pan, but I did finish it the next morning for breakfast. I would definitely eat it again.

Taste - 7

Appearance - 6

Bowel Ripping Side Effects - 8

1 comment:

  1. Just to clarify, is an 8 score on Bowel Ripping Side Effects good or bad? Is that more gastro-intestinal dyspepsia/tummy distension/roughage lavaging than say, a score of 2, or less?

    ReplyDelete