Monday, February 23, 2009

Honey Wheat Cornbread


We love cornbread-I started making it and then thought, "Crap I don't have any eggs!" (don't you think it's ironic that thought always occurs to you after you've mixed ingredients?) Then I looked and hey-this recipe doesn't need eggs! So then I remembered that you can substitute flax seed for eggs-lovely! Just so you know.. 1 TBSP. ground flax seed to 3 TBSP water for egg substitutes. Anyway.. here's some good cornbread. I got it out of the recipe book from the Victorio grinder I got.

5 TBSP. honey
1/4 cup oil
4 TBSP ground flax seed
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 cups freshly ground soft wheat
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Combine ground flax and water. Set aside until water is absorbed; about 10 minutes. Combine remaining ingredients; add flax. Spread into 9x13 baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and tests done.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try and make this tomarrow. I am excited I love Cornbread.

    ReplyDelete