Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Almond Milk

Yay! I have finally found a homemade milk alternative that we like. I would say that rice milk from Costco is the cheapest alternative that is somewhat healthy, but I have made it at home and not found success. Anyway, here is the almond milk recipe:

3/4 cup raw almonds soaked overnight
Blend together in blendtec on power 10 for 30 seconds, scrape sides, pulse until it is a paste.

Then add 3 3/4 cup purified water
3 TBSP. molasses
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt

Blend on whole juice the whole cycle.

Strain through a four layer cheesecloth and voila1

I have found that almonds soaked overnight and drained, stay good in the fridge for about two weeks. You can take them out and rinse them every 3 days, but I didn't.

I am saving the almond pulp leftover from the almond milk to try and make some almond cookies..

No comments:

Post a Comment