Friday, January 15, 2010

Candida

I got to teach a class last night about candida. I am no expert, but I have been doing a lot of research the past year and a half trying to kick it out of my family. Candida is a yeast that lives in your body, but when overgrown turns into a nasty fungus. It actually turns into rizhoids that bore holes in your intestinal wall, which allows toxins to flow into your blood stream and raise havoc. One of the best ways to combat candida is to eliminate foods that aggravate it. At the top of the list would be white flour, white SUGAR, white rice, and dairy products. There is so much more on this topic I feel like I could talk about it for hours, but we need to be giving our body all the minerals and vitamins it needs. Dark leafy green vegetables, herbs, garlic, a little non-gluten grains, beans, and lots and lots of water to flush those toxins out. It can turn into very nasty problems. The symptoms I've noticed with it for me are exhaustion.. just so tired! A sweet tooth is an indication of it, acne, eczema, food intolerance. There are many, many more, but here's just a little info!

No comments:

Post a Comment