Friday, January 22, 2010

Coconut Oil

Here is a link so you can read about the benefits of coconut oil. There is also a book called the Coconut Oil miracle I have heard is good. Coconut oil for me is like the lavender of essential oils. It has so many properties and uses.

Here are the things that intrigue me about it and how I use it:
As a cooking oil if I don't want to use olive oil
My 3-year old eats it by the spoonful - Hey I'm not complaining!
Lotion
Face moisturizer
Eczema
Bedroom uses :)
Hot oil treatment
To dilute essential oils

I have noticed when I bake with it, things are not as moist, but maybe I am not using quite enough. Also, when I measure a half cup solid, it is the same as liquid.

One thing to be aware of: it does change the flavors of certain things. You'll just have to try it out. I don't like to cook eggs with it because of the distinct flavor, but most everything else I like. Do not microwave it. You can put it in your hand and it will melt, or put it in a glass cup and heat it in warm water.

That being said, I think I have three gallons left if anyone is interested. $36/gallon. I think it will be here tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany, I just returned from my trip and checked out your blog. I am interested in coconut oil if you have any left. I am also interested in your classes or should I say group shares. Are you doing day or evening?
    Let me know,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn,
    I hope you had an amazing trip! I do have some oil left. If I start classes, I will definitely let you know. For now, I'll keep posting on the blog. The classes would be in the evening. If you are interested in anything in particular, I'll put out a message and see if other people are. Then we'll start buying! Thanks for checking in on my blog.

    ReplyDelete